G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone in the forum have the thread sizes used on the Aristo Craft Mike throttle valve for the input and output threads? I'm in the middle of a rebuild of the mech/boiler into a 3 foot Mike inspired by the EBT Mikes. The drivers are a little too small but otherwise should end up being a nice freelanced narrow gauge Mike.

Thanks

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Mike'
On mine, the thread in the backhead for mounting the throttle are 5 X 0.8 mm. The threads on the outlet stub are 5 X 0.5 mm.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mike,

I hope Larry measured his Mikado not his Atlantic as the throttle may have shrunk on this engine.

Please keep us posted on your progress! With your past modification I know it will be a great looking loco.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bruce,

Yet another thing to think about!! I'm planning on an article in SiTG on this conversion as Ron was enthusiastic about my article converting an Accucraft LYN to a "catalog" Baldwin 2-4-2. That write-up will appear in the May-June issue.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mike,

Keep up the good work!
Is work still a bad word?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I have found Mscdirect.com has almost all the tapos and dies we use short of the ME taps. Also prices are so good that I can buy 3 for the price of 1 at say E-taps. I also only buy good HSS taps.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bruce,

Work is still a bad word as in "not". Going on 8 weeks being "employed" by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Things are fine thanks to my wife who is employed by Uncle Sam.

I will second MSCDirect for taps and dies. I've been a happy customer for 10+ years. In fact I placed my tap and die order this AM and it will be delivered tomorrow by the big brown truck. Great service.

Mike McCormack
Hudson, Massachusetts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts