G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who now has one of the new Aristo GP40's matched one up with a USA GP38-2?   I'm not too concerned about running speeds but how do they look together?  The USA model has undersized wheels and might look a little odd next to the GP40 which I'm assuming has somewhat scale wheels.

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Art,
Don't know which Paul you are talking too.  I don't have one yet, thus my question.  It would be nice if someone could put up a photo with the two end to end.  I don't know if I want the Aristo unit or will wait to see the AML GP60's before deciding.

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul,
Thanks for the photo.  There is a little difference still in height like you said. A new Aristo unit would need lowering.   Probably not worth doing anymore than that.  They look good enough together to get away with it.  My main concern would be not so much in overall loco height but how the two trucks compare visually.

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warren,
Looks like it comes down to my original thought. If the undersized wheels on the USA trucks look ok next to the Aristo unit, then everything else doesn't really matter. By the end of the year we should have GP38-2's,GP40's and two versions of GP60's.  Sure beats what we had 10 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.