G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Aristo

I recieved my doodlebug set, I placed the coach in the consist, then opened up the motor car because a few windows had come loss, no problem to repair.
then I thought, how often will I really run this, then woow, some of the parts can be used to make an obs car. Or a car that had been in a wreck and rebuilt.

I love the golden rule.
I did find that it had over sized wheels to match the powered wheels so i replaced them and the car sat level and at Kadee heigth.
More photos later.
The motor block may go into my 250 crane not yet finished.

The cab maybe sent off to Jerry Barns and see what he comes up with,,,cause hes one of,,"them" eggy car lovers.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Jerry what are you going to make with the parts you got from Rex? I just completed putting a smoke unit in the doolebug. Hopefully I'll post some photo's RJD

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
My god, you bought a brand new doodleug and tore it apart for another kitbash? You're an animal Marty!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I used the table saw very carefully to cut this and the angles worked fine.
This is for airconditioning in my private care.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Hay its only money
Later RJD

Latest project install smoke unit in doolebug. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
time to let it dry over night, cut up a 1/2" gray elec pvc pipe for the sides.

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Marty, what are you trying to model? Looks like an observation platform on the end of a combine?

You just got too many secretes! This and the mystery live steamer!

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Modeling a free lace combine that had been in a wreck, yet repainted and rebuilt by my company, NTC to be used to haul company heads and loaded with their G trains to travel around sharing the hobby.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I'm very happy with the paint match and the ac vent cover, very clean lines.
But I hate the rear roof.

I may switch the obs end for the other end so it looks better and the obs will be at the end when going forwards.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
If you're willing to try resin casting, you could make a mold of the "good" end of the roof, then cast another for the other end. You might even be able to cast it in place around what you already have.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nick
I have never recieved any packages from you, I thought maybe you had changed your mind , which was fine , or got busy.
I usually e-mail folks letting them know I got a package..??
when did you ship it?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I think I would have carried the theme out for the entire roof. Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 10/21/2008 5:23 PM
Nick
I have never recieved any packages from you, I thought maybe you had changed your mind , which was fine , or got busy.
I usually e-mail folks letting them know I got a package..??
when did you ship it?

Marty,
No i boxed it up with the couplers and gave it to the shipping girl at my office so i assumed it had gotten to you. i beleive it was the week before you thingy, could it have gotten their and misplaced with everything that was goin on that week? i will check with the girls tommarrow and let you know...
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, I would have found it and all the neighbors knows my train stuff.
fedx is the main one I worry about , all UPS drives know us.
I will send you an e-mail

1 - 20 of 26 Posts