G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what prototype A/C used for the flute sided passenger cars? I'd like to locate some pics of the pototypes for detailing what I have before I start repainting them.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a nice picture...PM me your email...I can't post a pic here...I never figured that out from years ago... ;)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts

Here are an RDC and a Streamliner prototype.
JimC.

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Posted By Splicer on 12/07/2008 10:27 AM
I have a nice picture...PM me your email...I can't post a pic here...I never figured that out from years ago.

Here are the photos that Splicer wanted to show.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Noel... :)

These pictures came from my trip toTennesee and to the Mid-South Garden Railway Exhibit...The layout was in the streamliner...Really cool and I was fortunate to see it...The display closed &/or moved...Haven't heard anything since...

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
those look more like USAT cars,, long.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 12/14/2008 5:12 PM
those look more like USAT cars,, long.

Wuzzup Mar-tay!?

No, these are the ones Aristo modeled their streamliner from...Aristo shortened their model...This was before these massive curves started being produced...

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
USAT runs on 10' diameter, hardly massive. R1 is tiny, and always has been. Not trying to start a war, but I think they would have a lot more sales if they had made them longer. The heavyweights are pretty close to prototype length and they sell fine.

Anyway, all in jest, no bashing here.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
But back in the day when Aristo first made the streamliner line 10' curves were the exception and not the norm...Now-a-days 10' is the norm...Many had 4' curves and if you had 8' you were considered fortunate...

Now USA has longer and more detailed...ie closer to prototype...cars but the hobby has come a looooong way since the Aristo model...No war...Just the way it is...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Noelw,

Thanks for the pics and sorry for the delay in my response. It's been a little hectic here.

Yea I know these are short, but for the price and that age old "theres a proto type for everything"( I'm sure some road ran shorties because of limitations in their right-of-way) I'll make due with them till I can make some of my own. Oops I for got Lewis told me people don't have the equipment to work with these.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts