G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Aristo Brass Track Joiners

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  c nelson 
#1 ·
Those pesky little screws, the screw-driver made for a 3 year old's hand, conductivity issues, and all that time on your knees prompted you to invest in some good quality rail clamps...And now you have those silly joiners lying around everywhere! Have no fear I have a good home for your old brass joiners, I guarantee to take excellent care of them too!...if you are interested in loosing them please email me off list!

cale

#7 ·
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 01/26/2009 9:19 AM
Probably, but would be a pain, I would stick to brass.

The extra effort to solder the dissimilar metals, and the possible dielectric by having 3 metals (brass, solder, stainless) would probably not make it the best for you.

Regards, Greg

Cool, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it!

#10 ·
Greg, I'm all Batt/RCS so the dielectric issue may be moot, did find an online article on soldering ss and brass...I say I'll give it a shot...I'll shoot u an email!

RJ, not really sure, although it seems like a great deal needed, I plan to straighten out most/all of my track and solder it up then re-bend with my Train-Li bender...

oh, by the way, I'm tearing up all I have down..the wife has allowed me to begin anew...on raised, flat ground! Most of the short sectional stuff I have is what will require the joiners.

thanks to all!

cale

#18 ·
Posted By Marauderer on 01/29/2009 7:09 PM
Cale, I counted 90 of the brass Aristo joiners. I will be coming through your area on Saturday morning. I have to be in Hickory, NC before 10 am. Look in your mail box and they should be there.

Wow, Barry, you'll be up early! can I leave you some cookies and milk?....

Many Thanks!

cale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.