G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it look ok to run LGB streamliner cars with Aristo Craft FA-1 and FB1 Diesels?or is there a major size issue.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
I have not seen the LGB cars behind the FA-1 know whether they're the same general size. They're about the same proportions as LGB's F3, but that's oversized (closer to 1:26). Having said that, I find the LGB streamline cars to be a bit chunky and squat, so I'm personally not a huge fan of them as it is. For my money, if you're looking to get streamlined cars, go with USA Trains' streamliners. They're pricey, but worth it.

Later,

K

·
Super Modulator
20,590 Posts
I agree with Kevin, the LGB cars are also shorter than "scale" which will make them look worse.

If you don't want to shell out the $$ for the scale length USAT cars, look for used Aristo streamliners.

Greg

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Agreed, but make sure that your track-work is good because the Aristo streamliners are prone to uncoupling (with Kadees) and derailment on "twisty" track.

You can see an AristoCraft A-B pulling their streamliners in my video. Note how I modified the trailing car adding the lighing and drumhead. IIRC, my article was featured in Garden Railways Magazine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts