G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the Aristo (ART29351) replacement motor blocks with sideframes? Are these the newer motor/ball bearing system they use today? What type of motor is used in them? I want to try to scratchbuilt something and will start with these, but I just wanted a bit more info.

Nate

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yes, they are the new ball bearing blocks. Not sure on the motor type but its pretty strong. I have one in the bottom of my bashed boxcab and it will easily pull 10 cars on fairly level track -

-Brian

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
In my humble opinion the AC 2 axle motor blocks are the best available. Very smooth running. They have a 3 point suspenson for semi equalisation.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the USA blocks come with sideframes? One of the reasons I wanted the Aristo blocks is that they come with the sideframes I want to use.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
the USA block does not come with the side frames. Also, the axle protrudes out through a side frame on the 20 tonner version.
I just left them in place, but they could have been cut off.

PS, I run at shows and the Towmater gets a lot of attention from people of all ages. Yesteday I finally added the single headlight with an LED.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts