G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just bought three Aristo 11299 Switch motors. They come with no instructions. Couldn't find any at The Aristo site. Anyone have instructions and a wiring diagram. I want to control the motor with a Radio Shack momentary contact bat handle switch. How would I wire it? I'm not sure how the switch that comes with it works internally. Do these need AC or DC power?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, That helps, I didn't think to look under the manual for the switches!! I am using AC with my LGB Machines so can use the same power supply Still Anyone know what kind of aftermarket Radio Shack Switch I could use too control it instead of the Aristo button, and how I would wire it?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
If you want to use AC, you can use 2 diodes and a DPST switch. Many like to use one with a center off position, even a "momentary" one so power isn't applied to the switch all the time. This is critical on your LGB units. On the Aristo units, it can help if something jams the throw so the internal limit switch doesn't turn off the motor. Since the motor draws very little current, any switch you find will do.

You can wire many switches to the same pair of diodes.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torby Thanks, The ones I use on the LGB Switch motors are center off, but are wired diferently, I will get the diodes and get to work!!

Thanks again!

G

·
0 Posts
that is, how i activate my switch motors.
with LGB reed-contacts or homemade copies.
but any pair of oldfasioned bell buttons does it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts