G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a group of us got together for regular steam runs for the first time in quite a while so I hope you all will enjoy a short video taken by my friend Graham of some of the trains running. The first loco is a maiden run of a 1: 13 scale (7/8ths) conversion of a very early Roundhouse 1:19 scale 0-6-0 pot boiler that looks far better than it's original look and runs very well.
My 1:20 scale EBT Mikado is also featured here with it's magnificent steam plumes and then a parade of 1:32 scale English loco's with a faltering first run of a very ancient second hand purchase that needs some attention so then the 0-6-0 "Victory" took over and ran superb as usual. Graham's rebuilt Bullied Pacific glided around and his well timed 9F 2-10-0 ran like a swiss watch for ages with a Bowande 4MT 2-6-4 tank loco ending the day.
Thanks for watching
Russell

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Thank you Russell,
Nice to see people enjoying running their locos.
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada
p.s. There seem to be leaves inside the trampoline!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Russell & Graham;

Thank you. Wonderful video. Really enjoyed the 9f strutting her stuff. Like the prototype, she is not shy about turning passenger train speeds. (Of course, the N&W Class A was that way as well.)

Best wishes, David Meashey

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the 9F was a little bit speedy but this layout has, over time, developed some gradients in places so heavy trains must have enough regulator on to get up the hill but speed down the hill which is where the best filming spots are, but really we were to busy talking to make any adjustments and just enjoyed trains running. Hey David Leech I think the layouts owner will wait for grandkids to come over to clear leaves as we are all too old to go on a trampoline ! ha ha
Russell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts