G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Same debate, along with "too much Euro stuff" that was waging in the letters to the editor and a survey back at the inception of the magazine in the 1980s my friend.....plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Actually, the last few issues I have had were heavy on 1:29 stuff, probably why I do not have a subscripption, and have not had one since about 1990.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Ray Dunakin on 02/26/2009 7:22 PM
If anything, I think there might be a little bias against complex modeling articles, in favor of simpler "beginner" and "intermediate" level stuff. It seems like when they do run loco bashes, it's mainly some pics of the finished product, maybe a before and after shot, and a little text. There's not much detail about getting from "before" to "after".

Of course, that's just my impression.

Interesting OBSERVATION.......

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
....and it is unfortunate that many of the better modelling project and prototype magazines have died in the last few years.

What is really becoming unfortunate that when you pick up a 20+ year old railroad magazing, it is oftentimes more interesting than its modern counterpart.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By vsmith on 02/28/2009 9:30 AM
..... and a demographic that "wants it now" ....

Well there you go. Extends way beyond the scope of this post too if you really look at it.

I am just happy to be doing someting I first thought of 20 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.