G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can give out google+ invites. This is google's social network and it is better than facebook by a milestone (IMO).

You have circles of different friends and can choose what to share by the group.

There is also a thing called "hang out" where you can have video chat with multiple people, whoever is talking is on the main big video (it works great)

There are no annoying 3rd party apps data collecting in the system(the big problem about facebook) so there is nothing to worry about atm.

You also always connect to google+ using SSL 256-bit encryption so no one can sniff your passwords out in the network (safe at coffee shops)

Right now you can only get in by invite only.

Just PM me your email and I will invite you. This should be a GREAT tool for networking with friends and family + more.

P.S. (theres a big social network war starting up between facebook, google+ and Apples icloud, should benefit all of us that use these systems.)

Small video on what you can do with it:
Abstract look about it from google

More down to earth look at it

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you an invite, also everyone - once your invited you can invite as many people as you like.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just got on Google+ tonight because a friend invited me. I wasn't sure I wanted to join yet another social network, but it does seem unique and I will give it a shot. I do particularly like being able to share posts with selected "circles". In the past I'd often not post as much personal stuff on Facebook or Twitter because I have so many people on each that I really don't know that well, and of course on Twitter everything is public.

One thing I can't figure out on Google+ though is how to add people from a name or email address. Greg, I tried to look you up but couldn't find you, or maybe I just couldn't figure out how to add you. With the circles feature I feel like I don't have to hesitate to add people I don't know that well, or at all (although Greg I would love to meet you sometime).

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
There are no annoying 3rd party apps data collecting in the system
Andrew,
If you believe that, I have a bridge that you might want to buy . .

And as I mentioned by return email, Google requires that you sign in. Facebook lets you look at your wall, etc., without signing in.

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
By the way, the invitation does NOT come through your regular email, it apparently only comes through gmail...

Was looking for the invite... finally went to gmail (I'm forced to have a gmail account because of my Android phone), and there it was...

So, I'm "there" now, and you should be able to find me with my real name.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts