G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
This has happened to other sites as well. When you register a domain name, you don't get it "forever" you get it for three years (or maybe a bit more or less.) If you fail to renew in time, you get what happened to the Hartford page. Should Hartford renew in a timely manner, the page will magically reappear at that same address. Should they not renew, the name becomes available for someone else to use (Hartford Connecticut tourist catchkas?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened around the same time last year as well. We've been trying, unsuccessfully, over the last couple years to get the domain name transfered into our name. We're hoping to have everything worked out today, but it could take longer. I'll know more when I get back on the phones with them this afternoon. I know this is a huge inconvenience for our customers, so we're trying to get it taken care of as quickly as possible. I'll post an update here and in my thread about our temporary email address as soon as I have more info and/or the problem fixed.

We're still here :D and for the next few days if you have any question please contact us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Jeremiah Ferril
Hartford Products

·
Registered
2 Posts
As of 4:30pm CST our website seems to be fully functional and our email is working again as well. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Jeremiah Ferril

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still don't see it, but it may take until tomorrow to get it propagated through the entire backbone.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
I just got it to work-3:28 pm pst. Glad to see it is back up.:)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see it now too :)

BTW, they've been great at sending me a couple of parts I was missing from the Barnhart Log Loader kit.  And I broke a part that they are sending me another at no charge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
"CAUTION"

Hartford Products does not exist so don't be fooled by these people. Check out my earlier blogs about the horrible service from them. Not only did I not receive my order, but I didn't get a refund either, nothing but lies.

I have personally spoken with Bob Hartford who has taken back most of the molds and castings. Some items were never returned to him. Bob is continuing with producing his very fine detail parts but not kits at this time.

The new company is called Hartford Large Scale Products so as not to be confused with the former. Bob can be reached at [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts