G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I'm new to Large Scale and would like to know if there is a club or individuals in my generalarea of West Central florida near Brooksville/Weeki Wachee? I haven't started any railroad yet and would like to meet modelers with like interests(Fn3) or possibly join a club within reasonable driving distance.

Thank you,
Nick P

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Nick, google "Florida Live Steamers". This is the umbrella org. for a group of live steam clubs in Florida. They are ground level, ride on scale (7 1/2" gauge), but a number of them also have a G1 track, usually raised for live steam. Also, many of their members are into garden railroading. Contact the the ones closest to you--you should be able to find someone nearby.

Larry

·
Registered
154 Posts
check with Florida Garden Railroad society. Dunno if Brooksville will be considered in the Central Region or Tampa region. I'm in Orlando, so if I can be of any assistance, let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I do know of a live steam club a little south of me in Pasco county(CP&G Railroad) where I should be able to ask someone. I wasn't sure about the FGRS because it looks like there hasn't been any updates to their website in a while but I guess I should try and contact them. I believe I would be in the Tampa region?

Thanks again!
Nick

·
Registered
818 Posts
I live on the north side of Lakeland. Don't know if you want to travel 50 miles or so. Would love to have you come visit here if you wanted to.

Ed Headington

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nick, the Tampa Bay Division are a good bunch of people. Our club here in northwest Florida (Emerald Coast Garden Railway Club) did several shows in conjunction with them, so I speak from first hand knowledge. Do give them a call.
Bob C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts