G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
Hello
I too have been seeing these locos on Ebay and they look pretty good. The going rate seems to be 35-50 $ I recently bought one and will have to let you know how it goes when I receive it later this week. The store that is offering them even states in the description that the sound is very good for a low cost engine but the smoke unit is lousy and you should consider yourself lucky if you get one that works. Of course the price attracted me to take a nibble but the looks of the engine caused me to bite. If it only will haul a few cars that is fine with me plus I plan on making it somewhat of a project and add a few items to it. something I wouldn't want to do on a more expensive engine.

· Registered
539 Posts
hello Navytech here is my 2 cents worth.
Well I got mine and..... it's like Dan Pierce said "you get what you pay for" The engine looks great and the tender is decent with metal wheels but when I put it on the track and ran it there was alot of sway and it had trouble hauling one car up a 2% grade but I need to test that again since there was a slight drizzle falling and the track was a little slippery I think.
The tender looked to be a copy of a bachmann one and actually has a good sound system built in but... there is a bell and whistle sound that goes off when it wants to and cannot be shut off or triggered. The sway I think is due to the wheel offsets I don't know if it can be adjusted.
I paid $50 for mine plus shipping and wouldn't have paid anymore. I wouldn't buy another. I still plan on bashing this one up in the future. These engines are very similar in appearance and size to a bachmann so if I were you I think I would save up for one of those. Hope this helps.
Todd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.