G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a picture of a Baltimore and Ohio Pacific, but specifically the President class when they were panted blue. I know they were originally green, then they were "shrouded" in streamlining, then they were painted blue. I've never been able to find a color photo of one of these--the blue painted president class pacifics without the streamlining. Does anyone know where I might find one?

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you--I have looked at that page and it was useful.

Yes, this is the class that Aristo based its pacific on and they make a B&O blue engine though I've never seen one. I have an Aristo Pacific and I've been thinking about repainting it as a B&O President. While the Aristo Pacifics are reasonably close structurally I'm not sure they got either the color or the color scheme right. I've found any pictures of the president class loco but they're all in black and white. The B&O railroad museum has one, the Pres. Washington, but in every picture I've ever seen the color is a faded and dirty dull gray.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I was in the cab of a blue non streamlined B&O president class pacific at Washington Indiana a LONG time ago , I belive it had close to 80" drivers maybe , they were BIG . Sorry , No photos , but I sure wish that I did .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts