·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manfred

·
Registered
91 Posts
Never understood steampunk, nor do I ever intend to. A friend's teenage kids are eat up with the steampunk thing, but somehow, it equates to me as what it would be like to live in a Thomas Dolby video (from early in his career).

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Clever! It's a "steam punk" USB drive
I don't see what is clever about it. It doesn't pretend to do anything - just turns when powered off the USB.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,Pete, somethings are just like a political meet!

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
meh..
im not all that impressed either..
if it was *actually* steam powered, that would be cool...
but then, a thumb drive doesn't need its own power source anyway..they get power from the computer.
so..meh.

Scot

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm disappointed. I thought sure that when he was twirling it around that there would be a space to add water and fire it up. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Posted By Pete Thornton on 20 Jun 2012 07:38 AM
Clever! It's a "steam punk" USB drive
I don't see what is clever about it. It doesn't pretend to do anything - just turns when powered off the USB.
Now if it was, say, a miniature train that pulled miniature cars around a loop of track, THAT would be different!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I'm afraid I was impressed and chuckled more than a little. Very nice.

Best,
TJ

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Makes me think or a combination of Jules Verne and Wild Wild West. I can just imagine Artimas plugging the steam memory stick into some bad-guy's journal to extract incriminating evidence.

Yours,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Found too late to edit:

"Makes me think or a combination" Should be: "Makes me think of a combination"

Have yet to understand why we have to have a time limit on our own posts.

David Meashey

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
If you look at it as Art, then you get a chuckle, if you can only see 'live steam' first, then of course you might sour on it....
I liked the decorations and simplicity, my only complaint was the hot exhaust on my leg when I rode it!

John

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Some folks just need something to do. I thought maybe it would make a chuff sound. Later RJD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts