G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If yes, ask old grumpy IF they plan to build a U P 8444 to add to the bigboy. Please.
I looked around thinking I asked this before but could not find it.
they don't return e-mails very well.
Thanks so much.
dreamin'

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Some times a plain old phone call gets better results than relying on e-mails. Gee Marty spend a dime and call and get a quick answer.
Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Charlie gumps at me any time I have talked with him. And I try to be nice.
Young chuck I visit with at shows and have a good chat.

OH YEA, Ask him if they plan to make any more cars to the modern pass train. like a full vista dome??

I wonder if its the Aristo tee shirt ,hat and speedos I have on that upsets him??

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Marty,
844 would be nice. USA has been very quiet about any new production items. I asked them a couple times last June at the BTS and didn't get anywhere. Mum seems to be the word with them at this point.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Scot,
I knew someone would be by there.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Charles has always been nice to me =(

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man just the though of living close to one of the companies would brake me. LITERIALLY.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Charles senior is very business man like.

Probably takes care of the finances.

Very serious, NOT much of a TALKER. (hard to believe, since he was once a HAIR STYLIST, Don't barbers always talk)

Charles jr loves to talk, he sells the trains, and loves to talk about them.

Thats why their company runs so good.

I have ordered from Charles senior a couple of times, on the Queen Mary & at conventions.

Always took care of me, writes the order down, and I always get what I ordered, safely never broken.

Some people just don't like or want to talk, that's fine, as long as they bring out a good product, & ship EVERYTHING safely, who really cares.

·
Super Modulator
21,036 Posts
USAT just came out with THREE new streamliner cars recently, and RPO, a baggage, and a combine. I figure it will be a while before anything else new there, although a full dome would be cool.

We should be bugging Aristo to re-issue their smoothsides and make the dome and diner they promised and then they changed to just a dome/diner, and now poof.

Of course if you need smoothsides, I think certain versions of the USAT cars are smoothsides and roofs, but now you need to repaint.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest, after having USAT passenger trains, I have just lost interest in anything else. I'm working on a AT&SF commuter train right now with a painted AT&SF E 8 single unit. (3 coaches, obs ,bag)
My AT&SF H W train is complete now.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I got a chance to talk with Charlie Sr. during the summer when I went there to get an Aristo E8 in Pennsy. It seemed to be a slow day there and he was very talkative. When I was ther last week it was just as they opened and Charlie Jr. was very talkativ as the crowds had not hit yet though customers were starting to come in the doors. I took a hard long look at their Pennsy smoothsiders. Might end up getting rid of my LGB Pennsy smoothside set and replace with an Aristo E8 with Phoenix sound puuling a 3 or 4 car string of USA smoothsiders.
LAO

·
Super Modulator
21,036 Posts
The only improvement I am doing to the USAT streamliners is to pull out the incandescent bulbs and put in the led strips I found. These cars can draw almost one amp each, so 5 cars, 5 amps.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any one yet?/ ?? gone and asked??

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Somebody posted on here last summer that his reply was something like "A West Coast Steamer and Start Saving Your $$$"...

I'd like to see them produce the S.P. 4449 Daylight pulling a set of the matching passenger cars would be...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Posted By Ltotis on 12/28/2008 10:16 AM
I got a chance to talk with Charlie Sr. during the summer when I went there to get an Aristo E8 in Pennsy. It seemed to be a slow day there and he was very talkative. When I was ther last week it was just as they opened and Charlie Jr. was very talkativ as the crowds had not hit yet though customers were starting to come in the doors. I took a hard long look at their Pennsy smoothsiders. Might end up getting rid of my LGB Pennsy smoothside set and replace with an Aristo E8 with Phoenix sound puuling a 3 or 4 car string of USA smoothsiders.
LAO

Larry, You need to have Barbara go with you to USA as when she is with me Charile Sr. falls all over himself to come out from the stock area to discuss things with her. She finds it hard to get away from him, and he is always interested in talking trains, politics and most anything else. I guess being a woman makes it more interesting than speaking to us. I will be there probably next weekend as we are heading to Four Seasons Gun Shop, which is close by to pick up a weapon.

Art

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wonderful, Have her talk Charlie into making a 8444.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts