G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone in the greater Kansas City area who has a functioning Aristo Train Engineer walk around control system. I purchased a TE at HAGRS a few weeks ago but it's not functioning correctly. The receiver only receives signal intermittently. I'm trying to figure out if it's either my transmitter or receiver that's not working properly. If I could find someone local with a functioning train engineer, I could use their proven transmitter with my receiver and vice versa to determine which of my components isn't working properly. I'm really bummed out that I spent the $ and my trains still don't run. Let me know if you could help me out, thanks.

-Josh

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Which Tain Engineer?

Transmitter color orange, grey or black? This will tell us which one you have.

Orange is the Basic unit, single channel
Black is the 27 mhz unit
Grey is the 75 mhz on board unit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black 27mhz trackside 10amp unit. I've posted a thread regarding my troubles with it in the traditional power forum http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aff/33/aft/111788/afv/topic/Default.aspx. Everyone in that thread helped me exhaust the usual troubleshooting options to no avail. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the transmitter or the receiver being faulty.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
If there's a component that's faulty it's going to be the receiver. The remote transmitter is pretty darn robust but those receivers are not nearly so! I have a remote transmitter that I'm not using (it's a newer black one with the ten buttons at the top.) My receiver is junk. It's not Aristo's fault, I stupidly tried to use the TE on my Lionel layout and the AC current fried the components of the receiver but the transmitter is fine. If you determine that your transmitter is the culprit give me a call at 1-785-825-7304 or flip me an e-mail.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
You can send back to Aristo and they will repair it free of charge. That's what I would do. Call Navin at AC and talk to him about it. Later RJD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts