G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
GUILTY!!!! I grew up in Reading PA in the Conrail era and will soon be a member of the CRHS. I own USA Trains' GP9, GP38-2, SD40-2, and SD70MAC, all in Conrail. GP30 and alternate road numbers of the aforementioned locomotives are highly desired future purchases. I am also in search of USA's NW-2 cow and calf set, new if possible, but I am not having luck with that thus far. If anyone can help me with that I'd be ever greatful. In N-scale I have over 30 Conrail locomotives including 3 brass Overland Models SD80MACs which are just amazing to behold ^^ . I'll be purchasing any and all Conrail rolling stock and Engines in G-scale as money allows to have a home on my layout. I'll be modeling much more than just Conrail on my layout, but the main focus will no doubt be Conrail. My layout's tentative name is "TheConrailResurrectionProject".
I honestly thought I was the only Conrail fan here, I'm glad to see that there are others! Thanks for making this thread Scotty, and Dennis I really like the weathering job on your engines, very subtle, looks great! I also have lots and lots of Conrail photos from my pilgrimage to Horeshoe Curve just before the split. I was in search of the elusive 80MAC but didn't find it. It was still a great trip and I loved seeing GG-1 in person. It's great meeting other Conrail fans *JOY*!

-Will

·
Registered
401 Posts
Update: I now have USA Trains GP30 and NW-2 cow and soon U25B's (Thanks Dennis) , just lack calf, 20-tonner, and 40-tonner. The 20 and 40-tonners are both going to be fairly tough to get. I'll try my best though.

-Will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.