G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For now it looks like Southeast trains is out of the train business. Talked to the owner today. He will attend some train shows but I imagine it will be to deplete the huge inventory he still has. He has indicated that he could come back at a later date. Later RJD/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

·
Registered
474 Posts
RJ,
I got the sad news from another source Friday. Was sure sad, as Southeast Trains REALLY supported the Georgia Garden Railway Society and was the largest (and sometimes only) large scale dealer to come to the various train shows in the Atlanta area. Most of my trains were from Southeast Trains. Jim was a friend. I'll miss his booth and buying trains from him./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

G

·
i totally agree, Jim and Sandra were good people and will sorly be missed. now heres the problem how i see it. we have more and more train places going out of busness with no new replacements, we may see some other train dealers jack there prices just because there arnt that many places selling trains anymore???? lets hope im wrong, but we saw what happened when lgb of america stopped selling lgb the prices went thru the roof/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif not bolding well for our scale boys....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif
Nick

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ted I was like you I bought 99% of my equipment from SET. Hopefully he will come back as he did mention it when I talked to him today. As I mentioned he will attend a few shows. Your right he was the only one that would really bring a lot to a show.
Nick the problem with LGB is it was a company and not a distributor that went belly up. That is what caused the prices to go out of sight and for me there prices were to high to begin with. Later RJD:)

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Dang, At only 350 miles from my house, SE Trains was the closest good LGB dealer. My last 9 locos were bougt there.
DANG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts