G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked by several people at the NSS about getting a Steamaholic shirt. As there seems to be sufficient interest, I'll do another run of these.

If you missed the first go-around, now's your chance to get a shirt (or buy a second). I'm doing it the same way I did before...

1 - Download the Order Form

2 - Fill it out and mail it to me with a check covering the cost of your order (prices are on the order form along with my mailing address).

3 - I'll probably wait until the 2nd week in August or so to place the order to allow time for all who want a shirt to get me their order form and check.

4 - When the shirts arrive, I'll mail them out to you, along with a refund of any overpayment of shipping charges.

Get 'em while they're hot! Getcha Steamaholics Shirts here! ;)

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of color bands on the sleeves and collar, tan or red.

Shirts from the same manufacturer and quality are available with stripes, though not in tan or red. How about these...

Navy with Bimini trim...

Black with Grey trim...

We could also offer long sleeves for those cold New Jersey Winter Steamups. ;)

Jim - if you like, I can pre-spot yours with steam oil and burn a hole or two with a cigarette. hehehe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Long sleeve would work for me and I like the additional color. Once the order shirt sheet is update, I'll be placing an order.

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm afraid not Tony. From what I understand, in order to get the money out of a PayPal account, one has to provide them with a checking account number, and that isn't something I'm willing to do. A cashier's check drawn on US Dollars would probably be easiest. I was dinged $1.50 for depositing a Canadian personal check drawn on USD into my personal account. Despite all the broo-haha over International trade agreements, they sure don't make it easy for the average guy. hehehe

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The long sleeve shirts will be of what material and color?
My thinking at the moment is the same color and material as the original short sleeve shirt (or as close as possible). From the catalog...

OB15 Outer Banks Adult 7 oz. Cotton Pique L/S Ultimate Polo®
7 oz., combed ringspun pique fabric is designed to virtually eliminate shrinkage and fading. no curl collar. lyrca ribbed cuffs, 3-button, elongated placket reinforced box. side vents. double-needle stitched cuffs and bottom hem. single-needle stitched armholes and shoulders.

Available in Black, Bright Red, Royal Blue, Hunter Green, Navy, Sports Gray, White, and Wine. Unfortunately, a version with a pocket is not available. Additionally, I haven't checked yet, but would imagine these will be a couple of bucks more due to additional material.

What did you have in mind?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Dwight,
We probably do not want to get too carried away here and I would be happy to order what you had before.

But as you asked, I would prefer a long sleeve, buttoned all the way down the front, cotton type (rather than ringspun) material, in your blue color,
with a pocket

jim

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim - I am somewhat limited by the shirt supplier used by my vendor. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting essentially a normal shirt as opposed to a pullover style. The shirt supplier does have denim shirts, 100% cotton, in regular denim color, left-side pocket. I like pockets too, and the broad majority of those who ordered from the first run ordered shirts with pockets.

You're right - I don't want to get too carried away with alternate styles and colors as it opens additional possibilities for mistakes (which I'd probably end up eating the cost of). However, if we can come to some sort of consensus on an alternate - either a denim shirt or a long sleeve pullover of agreed upon color - I'm not opposed to offering that alternative in addition to what was offered before. :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts