G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Here are some choices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(After Greg's test, I had to experiment...)
(This is just for grins! But vote anyway, just for fun.)

If money, time and space were not issues, what form of locomotion power & control would you employ and defend?

This is a multiple-choice poll.

[edit: I thought the question had to appear in the post, like I did in the above sentence. But no, the question is entered after you click submit.
A special mystery poll-creation page opens, and you enter your question here. It appears at the top of the page, in the poll list, after the "View Poll Results," in this case a lame "Here are some choices."
After supplying the question, you then list all the options. AND, you can change the number of options (up to 10), on the fly.
You also determine how many days the poll is run, whether voter identities are exposed, and whether this is multiple choice.
When you submit all that, you see your poll options, and then click what you want. And then, voila! The bar graph appears!
Seriously neat! Thanks Greg!]

:D

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
They should read my mind....
part 2 ....just toys...

Attachments

·
Super Modulator
20,576 Posts
Don't know about the defend to the death. What is right for me, I can defend. What is right for others, that's for them to decide.

It is an interesting choice of words, since some of the "battles" do seem to be defending something a lot more important than a choice in a hobby.

Greg

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point Greg. I was messing with this neat tool you brought up, and didn't take the same time I would have if it were a "serious" poll. So I'll edit that out, I don't want it to seem threatening or anything.

·
Super Modulator
20,576 Posts
Jeeze, just joshing with you, since this is a test thread :D

We should all thank you for bringing this into focus, we have this neat tool and we can actually get a poll that automagically shows the totals... how cool is that?

Regards, Greg

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! Well yes, it was a test thread. But, you still made a good point. And mainly, I was geeking all over the check and text boxes and pretty histograms that showed up, and how they updated in real time... so I wasn't devoting my full 1000% attention to what I was typing... :rolleyes::D:p

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I wonder if anybody noticed the poll's ending date and time

6/14/2015 6:11 PM

614 and 611 are both famous Steam Locomotives! Simple coincidence or subliminal suggestion?

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's like, so mega wow...

Unfortunately, in my time zone, it ends at 7:11.
But if there's a famous 711, that would be spooky-awesome. OR, if 7-11 started selling G-gauge, that would qualify.

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please vote. The nation's security depends on this.

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And, I just discovered how to add rating stars! :D

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting that, per this poll, 9 out of 15 respondents (traditional / DCC) are pushing their power thru the rails.

Not really a representative sample though, out of the thousands in this hobby.

·
Super Modulator
20,576 Posts
You can see by the title, it was a test, Cliff and I have been experimenting.

Yeah, nice to use the "automatic" features to let the system tally the "votes"

Greg

·
Journeyman Lunatic
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roger that Greg.
Still, I think it would be awesome if you or someone with similar experience in this hobby posted a real/proper version of this test question.
??

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Gregg;

He is a new member with an abundance of enthusiasm. The age of the threads are currently irreverent to him (first time he has seen any of them). It will cool down eventually.

Regards, David Meashey

1 - 20 of 25 Posts