G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Boy, 90, that's a ripe old age. I remember listening to his news shorts when I was a teen some 30 years ago and he was an old coot then.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I didn't often listen to his broadcasts in recent years--a matter of being at work when they were on, I suppose--but I do remember him from earlier years. Seems like he has always been with us, and this is another great "tradition" lost.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Used to listen to his "Rest Of The Story" with my dad in the car all the time as a kid...

He definatley had a voice that will be remembered... even as a kid I liked those stories...

He will be missed...

Philip

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Very true. I also remember him on AM radio back in its happier days.

We always loved his rest of the story, often with those in the car even saying aloud with him:

You know what.........the news is. In a minute..............you will hear..........the rest of..........the story! (page 2)

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
AM Radio (and the World as a whole) has lost a great one! Paul Harvey was simply the best at what he did! I'm sure that, up in Heaven, St. Peter is smiling at ol' Paul and saying something to the effect, "You've been reporting what the news is but now you get to experience the rest of the story!!" Well done Paul! You will be missed.

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Yes another great will be missed. I use to listen to him growing up in Chicago area. Liked it later on listening to the rest of the story. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
How Sad

I remember him when I was a kid . I use to listed to him.

He lived here in Phoenix

I will miss him.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
When you listen to someone on the radio or see someone on TV often, it's almost like you've gotten to know them (although it's a one way relationship). I will miss the rest of the story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong..but isn't his son taking over on the air now? They sound very close too..but he'll still be missed, but his work will be long remembered and he's earned his spot in heaven i'm sure.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
You can't earn it, but as I understand, his spot in heaven is secure, and his story has a very happy beginning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts