G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to be on the new "Live Steam Station" website that Accucraft and their business partners have created, and looked at the GP 60 diesel. I asked in the chat window what the status is and I got this back:

The GP60 is actually in production now. It hasn't been released yet. We are hoping for early 2021 for delivery.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg: I have not ordered one, no. I was curious as to status. And would like to see some videos etc to judge appearance.

Jerry

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
My friend Ted has seen the model in the Bay area, up close. But no detail on how the motor blocks are constructed. That will be key, and it needs to be able to pull it's weight (and then some)

Greg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh that is welcome news!!
I held off reserving one because i honestly felt like we would not see it.

Does this include the "M" version?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I ordered one of those when first announced, 10-15 years ago I guess, long enough ago that the
dealer I ordered it from has passed away ... I filed that one away under "Vaporware" long ago...
Hope nobody is holding their breath for one of those...
Paul R...

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
Pretty darn sure they will arrive 1st quarter, a pre-production prototype is under examination in a private home in the Bay Area, I have seen pictures (which I cannot share).

Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
10 months ago we saw one of the prototypes. The delay may be due to a redesign of parts subsequent to our input. We had a meeting with Channing.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts