G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw over on the GR site an addendum to Kevin's review that the new AML flex track is not code 332 but code 352 - "In his review of American Mainline track in our June 2008 issue, Kevin Strong stated that the rail size was code 332. In fact, it is code 352, which could cause compatability problems with other manufacturers' rail. We regret this error and any inconvenience it may have caused."
Is this a joke? WTF? I was going to order a couple of cases for a job but I will not if its not going to be compatible with anybody else's track or switches!!!

-Brian

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it is a typo (if it is then they will have to issue a correction for the correction). Somebody must have noticed a height difference and got the micrometer out. I think we need to hear K chime in on this. Maybe a follow up review is in order.

-Brian

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do plan to use it exclusively on a loop except for the Aristo switches.

Jim,

What rail clamps are you using with it? Does the AML track come with it own rail joiners? Maybe the Split Jaw over the joiner clamps are in order.

-Brian

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the input all. I already have a Train Li bender so I'll probably go with the AMS for a few reasons - longer sections, much cheaper, its a battery only layout install, and cutting the tie webbing on Aristo track is a pain in the butt.

-Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.