G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in awe at the quality and content of the newly posted Life Photo Archive photos that deal with the D&RGW narrow gauge passenger train San Juan.

I've seen a lot of San Juan photos over the years, but this set (comprising 10 pages) is absolutely amazing. The interior shots are exquisite. These are very rare indeed.

The ones that especially caught my eye are of the Native Americans boarding and riding the train. On our outdoor layout we have a sheep ranching area loosely modeled after Dulce New Mexico, home to the Jicarilla Apaches. The San Juan stopped at Dulce. What I've always wanted in the way of figures is non Cowboys and Indians, but more modern era Native Americans in period clothing just like in these photos.

The photos in this set show a simpler way of time. When the train was the only way to travel, and get your mail. For those who model the D&RGW San Juan...and I know there are several out there...these photos are a treasure trove of information, especially the interior shots.

Enough talk, here's a link to the San Juan photos:

San Juan Photos

And these San Juan photos are just a minuscule sample of the immense collection being posted to the web. Here's a link to the main page of these Life photos:

Life Photo Archive

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I realized there a a few more photos in the set, but the only way I can find them thus far is clicking on "More" under "Related Images" after choosing one of the photos. I don't know how to display more then 10 pages of photos yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.