G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kept them, but after 2 years most of it ended up in the recycle bin when I cleaned off the workbench, I really didnt have a use for them. I still havent had any need for them to this day so I guess I made the right decision.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Maybe he gave them to Cozad?

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Yerrite, Victor. I should have seen that thread 3 years ago but sure missed it........ It's certainly interesting that you had the very same cut on the passenger car as I did but mine was 3 years later. Even to the observation railing with the drumhead. Does that say anything about twisted, creative minds????? :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe so Stan, but you came up with that great zany little 2-2-0 engine, even I havent gotten that warped...yet

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Guys, guys, guys. Please. The history of these shorty cars goes back almost to the start of the largescale hobby itself. Bruce Bates inspired a good number of modelers to build shorty cars way back when, at least the early/mid nineties. They were a staple of the old AW NUTS magazine and I'm sure they go back a lot further in the smaller scales. But I have to say that they seem particularly popular in G gauge. And it's great to see you guys reviving the tradition in such great style! To quote Monty Python, " This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not argue about who killed who!"
Sounds like a Shortie meet at the next BTS!
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure thing Chris, your right, afterall I got my idea from the old MDC shorty Oscar cars. A shorty meet at the BTS sounds like fun.

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Posted By cjwalas on 12/22/2008 11:00 PM
Guys, guys, guys. Please. The history of these shorty cars goes back almost to the start of the largescale hobby itself. Bruce Bates inspired a good number of modelers to build shorty cars way back when, at least the early/mid nineties. They were a staple of the old AW NUTS magazine and I'm sure they go back a lot further in the smaller scales. But I have to say that they seem particularly popular in G gauge. And it's great to see you guys reviving the tradition in such great style! To quote Monty Python, " This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not argue about who killed who!"
Sounds like a Shortie meet at the next BTS!
Chris

Aw Chris... We ain't arguing, just needling..... :) :) :)

As I quoted in the model making thread the writings of Solomon from centuries ago ... Ecclesiastes 1:9

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

Yes, I can see a real Shortie meet at the next BTS. Set up in the MLS booth, right??????????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts