G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of drawing and discussions over a few beers with my production man I finally have a laser cut Alloy and stainless steel 1/29th bathtub gondola.

Sure its heavy (mostly the USA intermodal trucks) but this baby wont degrade in UV. What you see here is a flat pack kit and is held togther by slots and screw fixings. I am happy to say that apart fom one minor error (see tape on top containment ring) it all went together as planned.

I believe this to be the only bathtub model about in 1/29th. I get the minor amendments done to the drawing then hopefully I can get a nice rake together.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Nice work Rod!

Don't forget to paint one end of each gon a different color.

That will give them that "Unit Train" look; like they will go through a rotary car dumper without uncoupling.

Jim

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Jim, thats a lilttle way off, this is the very first test piece. All ally with a red panel one end and a few letters. No need to paint it either :)

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
very cool.
I'd like to see it in pieces.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Man! with that puppy, if you have trouble with deer, you can pick it up and throw it at them.

Seriously, I love seeing new approaches. It is really a cool piece.

John

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next version in with the corrections will be photographed in bits and I'll post then.

Thanks bob, thats worth knowing, I did know about them.

Some specs

Min. Radius 48 in. (1.2 M)
Length 20 in. over wheels 19 in. over body
Width 4.25 in.
Height 5.5 in.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
SWEET!!!!

Thou shalt not covet they neighbors trains. (covet, covet, Covet)

Chas

Kits? Or drawings? Please?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
American Mainline do a Bethgon II: Yup. $436.00 each.

Think that's list price for a 4-pack. Otherwise it would have to be made out of gold :)" border=0>

This aluminim car is pretty sweet! More pics!!

-Ray

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, hmmm mebbe, I thought the was the list price for one, with a choice of raod numbers and names. What you suggest would make more sense. If I was n't so bone idle I could mail tham and ask them. Trouble is, building g scale stuff is nt my day job and I have no urgency attached :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts