G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It siad  of  the  6232 members only one was on line  That  Meee:D:D:D:D  Gee it's lonesome in here with out you guys./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

·
Registered
35 Posts
JJ, you could be in a room full of people and still be all by yourself..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I'm here toooooo, JJ.
Thinking bout going into Chat a little early tonight.
JimC.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
How accurate is the "thingy" at the bottom of the screen that shows the folks online at the time I come into the site? There never seems to be many like there used to be. There are only six online as I write this. On the old site, I used to be online regularly at 7-7:30 am every morning and there were always 15-20 folks or more.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Think of it this way. No other trains to run into you!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
All I see at the bottom is Current CHAT ROOM users, currently 0 in use, not forum members online maybe thats why it seams so lonely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you click on "community" above...not what drops down but the word itself, that will take you to a list that will tell you not only who is on line but where they are.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By gary Armitstead on 01/08/2008 8:36 AM
How accurate is the "thingy" at the bottom of the screen that shows the folks online at the time I come into the site? There never seems to be many like there used to be. There are only six online as I write this. On the old site, I used to be online regularly at 7-7:30 am every morning and there were always 15-20 folks or more.:confused:

I'm not sure of the accuracy as of yet.  It's hard to discern that.  However, the reason you see less people listed as online is that less people are logged on.  The old system had been around for a long time and everyone had been logged into it at one point or another.  Since the system kept them logged on, they were always displayed as logged on.  There are a lot of people that only log on once they have something to post.  So as we're on this system longer, more people will log on and stay logged on.

The community page 'where are they?' module is now of function of the overall system and not just the forums. I'm not sure that we can get more granular on which topic each member is viewing.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Not very, I'm on here a lot and most of the time it doesnt show me as being on, and it still don't load fast?  All the other web site load very quick!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
*JJ sitting by himself, Eric Carmen Playing softly in the back ground. JJ starts singing...*

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone
Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
When I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself
Anymore

When I was young
I never needed anyone
Making love was just for fun
Those days are gone

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
Oh
Don't wanna live
By myself, by myself
Anymore
By myself
Anymore
Oh
All by myself
Don't wanna live
I never, never, never
Needed anyone

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
'Community' above shows 41 members currently online, 60 guests.   'Who's online now' showed 6 members currenly online.  Should have been the same as community, 41.  There is a problem, but now knowing about the Community button, that's even better because I don't have to be at the main forum menu to see who is online.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts