G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in May, Air Force One (carrying George W. Bush) paid our small New Century Airport a visit.

Took a number of photos and two videos which are posted on my website under the Misc Photos section.

http://www.rayman4449.dynip.com/Airforce_One.htm

Couple of quick pics

Can't say how I found out about it ahead of time but I had to keep it quiet till it was back airborne.

No negative political comments please.

Raymond

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was really quite something to see it all and see Air Force One in person. Folks that is one CLEAN airplane!

You will note that when it took off that it immediately banked to the left avoiding the Walmart parking lot and my neighborhood which was right behind the Walmart for security purposes.

As far as the Presidential motorcade, I feel sorry for anyone who tries anything, there was at least one vehicle packed FULL of SWAT(type) team members. You will also note there were a number of vehicles decked out with antennas and communication gear. (Really wild stuff) The Sunday before Air Force One's arrival, I was outside and noted a C-17 flew over the house. There was no question they must have delivered the key motorcade vehicles by that cargo plane and stored them there till the day.

Anyways, not something most of us ever get to experience and this will probably be one of those once in a lifetime events for me. Was really neat.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Very nice pics, Raymond. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, the final outfitting of AirForce One was in Wichita, KS.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
You were most fortunate to witness that. Nice photos. Closest I've ever been to Air Force One was on c-span. :)

Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Raymond,
Great pictures.
Last Thursday,(July 17th) when President Bush visited Northern California to inspect the fire damage we got an up close look at AF1 as it made it's approch to the local airport. Normally the approach is from the south but the wind had turned that day and gave us an unusaul view.

No chance to go out to the airport and see the plane as all roads in and out were completely blocked by sightseers and those trying to prevent them from seeing.

First sitting President to visit our little neck of the woods since JFK in 63'

Thanks for the pictures.
Rick Marty

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Those are great pics Ray. Wish I could have been there. Thank you very, very much for sharing them. It is very impressive at the least. Saw a few "stange " things on it, but GOD is it cool.
Cliff

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Very interesting photographs and great that you were allowed to take them, this wouldn't be tolerated in so many countries of the world.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Cool!

I saw it from several miles away, Sept 11, 2001.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The trucks with the snorkels are media remotes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts