G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Freshly plowed just before the blizzard, the California and Nevada at Mehus Concemtrator is embargoed.

Laurel Yard, plowed yesterday with main and siding fully cleared, is snowed in and drifted heavily around the station.

The Manager of Ice Station Zebra is taking a smoke break on the lower platform, wondering who will need reefers iced today.

Malfunction Junction is fully encased, not even recognizable.

From the valley floor, looing up past Laurel Yard towards Bald Mountain and Pete's Pit mine. Going to take some work to clear this line.

Dragged two old Shays out with the wedge, starting in on the process. And, the snowfall has started again.
[/i]

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Looks like fun Dave........ If I could get out of the drive-way... I could always bring a couple of mallets over to help....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The crew finally expired.
They got the Shays and wedge into Headquarters.
First train from Laurel Yard to Headquarters since this started.
Supply trains have headed out, along with workers with shovels and pickaxes.

A BIG concern is avalanches in the Gorge.
Most drifts are higher than the cab roof as it is.

Digging out the switches and clearing passing tracks is next, and access to the "wye" at Malfunction (past Laurel) so the wedge can be turned.

Still coming down.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I think I like snow better then the 4-5 in of ice on my layout, if we do not get global warming soon, I might not see it till spring!

tom h

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Looks good, TOC! If it were here today, all that snow would be drifting in the 50 mph winds!

By the way, the one picture with the shay has a stogie that is out of scale.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Great pictures, Curm!

I'm amazed the plow would actually work. (The physics stuff, not the construction).

Les

1 - 13 of 13 Posts