G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Adirondack Live Steamers Fall Meet was this past wekend. I was there on a very rainy Saturday and got to meet long-time NJLS member Dick Cudd for the first time.

Here are some pictures and a patched-together video from Saturday.

Dick firing his Accucraft S-12 on only its third outing:

I got a good 45 minute run with my AC-12, and then a second one that went well over an hour because the 1-1/2" crowd kept coming by and asking questions....

Here's the video. Note the question: "What's that?" Answer: "It's a cab forward." I guess not quite so many SP fans here on the east coast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKLbl3Tv_c

And some pictures of the 1-1/2" with the Dick Cudd built NYC Hudson in the steaming bay (he no longer owns it):

And a K-4 for the Pennsy crowd:

And for those B&A commuters:

The rain kept the G1 attendance low, but there were a lot of the 1-1/2" scale onlookers!

Best regards,

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Alan
Glad to see you out and about with some recreational time, enjoying the hobby.

AC-12: questions extend running time; running time evoke more questions such a dilemma.

See you this coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Alan,

Glad you were able to make it and run. I was there Friday to clean up an prepare the track and had planned to be there Saturday, but rain, a two hour drive and a cold conspired to keep me at home. Your cab forward looked great in the video. I understand that Dick Cudd allowed as how his S12 proved to be a whole lot easier to transport than his 1.5" Pacific which is currently down for a boiler repair.

Llyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts