G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After adding a reply to a thread the only way back to the Active Topics that I know of is the Active Topics link at the top of the page.

Is there another way out after a submitting a reply?

If not, rather than push Ctrl and Home and then the Active Topics link at the top of the page, could another Active Topics link be placed at the bottom of the page?

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Paul

The following is the manner in which I return to the Active Topics after posting a reply. While the method is the same in both instances, the number of steps back selected is dependent on the method that I've used to post the reply. Additionally, the method remains the same in both MS/Internet Explorer v6.0.2800 & FireFox v2.0.0.11.

If I use the Quick Reply editor at the bottom of each topic page. When I've entered my reply and clicked the Submit button and the reply has successfully posted. I click the Down-Arrow just to the right of the Back button in the browser's tool bar, which displays a drop-down list of the previous browser screens and I select the second menu item from the top as depicted in the following images.

MS/Internet Explorer:

FireFox Example:

If I've used either Add Reply button at the top or bottom of each topic page, or the Reply link located in the header of a previously posted reply. I use the same method, but I select the third menu item down from the top, as depicted in the following images.

MS/Internet Explorer Example:

FireFox Example:

There is another method that I've used, however it has the disadvantage of not updating the Active Topics screen. So that each topic Subject/Title that I've visited its is no longer displayed in bold text. For this method I simply right-click the topic Subject/Title and on the context menu select and click the Open in a new window menu item. Then when I'm finished I just close the window and return to the Active Topics screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts