G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
All,

Keep in mind that not everything that you put into the feedback will make it into existence.  Some items just won't be feasible in the new system, some items will.  Some items are in my control, some are not.  Sometimes I'm going to have to say "no" for one reason or another. 

The behavior of the active topics page is one item that is not within my control.  I can request that the developer of the new forums make modifications, and have on several occasions, but that does not guarantee that the requested changes will happen.  It's very much like calling up Microsoft and telling them that you want the next version of windows to run more like a mac.  They're not going to drop everything and work on your suggestion.  If they deem it a change that could be of benefit to a good percentage of their customers, and more customers than just you have requested it, they will work it into a development schedule and slowly add it into the product.  It won't happen tomorrow if it happens at all.

You all need to keep giving this new system some time and learning it's nuances much the same way you did with the old.  Some stuff is going to be different and won't ever be the same.  You're talking apples and oranges here.  They're both fruits and both are good, but they have differences.  Color, texture, taste, smell, etc. You can't make an apple into and orange and vice versa.
I wouldn't call what you're describing here a "problem", but a difference, and many of the items that have been added to the suggestion box are similar in nature.  I'm doing what I can to make things as familiar as possible, but you just have to accept that some stuff is going to be different.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
As an experiment, I've added an auto refresh on the forum. If you let your web browser sit on the active topics page for 10 minutes, it will refresh with the latest posts.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I have disabled the refresh.  I forgot you guys were a bunch of windbags that took forever to reply..  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif  I will look for another solution that will only do the refresh when the active topics list is displayed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.