G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good active garden railway clubs/groups in the North Central Indiana area, I live in Kokomo, short drive from Indianapolis, and would love to get in a local or fairly local club for large scale trains. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
How far North of Cental Indiana ?
There is an active group calling themselves the IGRS located near Valparaiso Indiana.
The have an outdoor RR setup @ Samuelson's Nursery and have both Live Steam and Electric participants.
www.ILLIANAROAD.com (Upper case for legibility)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife and I live in Kokomo, about an hour north of Indianapolis. Mike

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
There is a Club in Fort Wayne. I do not belong. They used to have a nice indoor layout in an empty store in the Southtown Mall. Fort Wayne torn the mall down and I think I heard they sold their layout to either someone from Muncie or the town itself. I believe they are now building a new layout in the Factory Outlet Mall near the Michigan border on I-69. Head on over to Watts and ask around. I'm sure Indy would have something.

Craig

·
Junior Senior Member
566 Posts
If you go to Ridge Road Station, under their links they list clubs. They have a few web pages, none in Indiana. However, they do list snail mail addresses and there are 4 for Indiana.

I know of three active clubs in Indiana. In no particular order:

Indiana Big Train Operators (or something like that). Out of Indianapolis. Occasionally meet at Watt's so you could ask for contact information there.

The Fort Wayne group. I think you could ask at Phil's Hobby Shop in Fort Wayne about them.

The previous 2 occasionally get together with the club in Cincinnati to view each others railroads.

The Illiana Garden Railway/Railroad Society centered in Valparaiso which Al mentioned. One member lives fairly close to you.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
If any of you are interested in a little larger size trains, I have 12" gauge and 14 1/8" gauge trains and track in La Porte, and I am always looking for others interested in trains this size, ... and a little help with maintenance, modifications, and operation, (or a place to run your equipment, or take your grandkids for a ride). merle, [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts