G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to contact Accucraft?

I wanted to see about their new 4-4-0 that I read about in the Live Steam forum here and typed in "Accucraft.com" and got an error message.

Syntax error in line 300

Then a second message that said it could not load that page and "Operation Aborted".

So I did a Google search for "Accucraft" and got dozens of hits, the first of which was a link to "http://www.accucraft.com/" and clicking on it did the same messages.

So I Googled again and selected the second entry of:

"http://www.accucraft.com/index.php?show_aux_page=14"

and I got the same error message, but this time instead of saying it had aborted the operation, Internet Explorer died altogether and winders wanted to send an error report to Microsoft.

I am running Windows XP Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 (Service Pack 2) and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 which should all be the latest and greatest from Microsoft.

I have been to their web site before, but it sure won't work now. Anybody else have a problem?

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Charles,

Just send an e-mail to Cliff at Accucraft. I sent an e-mail to him about a stainless steel pin for my #346 engine, about 7 this a.m. He called me on my cell when I was having breakfast this morning in the restuarant.
Here's the e-mail addie. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still broke for me, but since others are not having a problem it must be on my end. Dunno what I'll do, but I'll fiddle with it a while to see if I find what the problem is.

Thanks for looking at it for me.

Anybody got an image they could post here of their new 4-4-0 (live steam) that is supposed to be on the water to here?

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ain't this stuff fun!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif NOT!

If I reboot my PC, I can get into Accucraft's web site ONCE, but get 5 errors at lines 311, 326, 341, 355 & 370. Then I can peruse the web site, but if I go back to the home page, I get just the line 311 error and then IE dies and Windows says it has to close the program (and I lose any other open tabs to other web sites, if any).

I'd like to ask someone that is able to get in to the Accucraft web site...

Does your browser show an error in the lower left corner of the browser window?

If you double click on that message, it should show you a dialog box similar to the first one shown in my post earlier in this thread (you may have to click on the Details button to see the additional information at the bottom). If the "Previous" button is enabled, you can click it to see previous errors associated with loading that page.

Can you start at the home page, peruse other pages and then get back to the Home page without IE terminating?

I will send Cliff an e-mail just to let him know that at least one person out here in this vast virtual wasteland is having a problem... dunno what he or anybody can do about it, but at least he will know.

Collecting info here of other's results is just to add evidence for whoever (if anyone) gets stuck with trying to fix the problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Charles,

Just tried this at Saturday morning , 12:15 A.M. Workled fine for me . Was also on Friday afternoon at 4:00 P.M. NO problems to report.

Charles M

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to be a stickler for detail, but... did you look in the lower right corner to see if it says "Error in page"?

Many pages, from lots of various web sites, generate these errors, but most folk have their browser set to not bring up the error dialog box to tell about it; it only displays the message in the (seldom paid attention to) status bar at the bottom... your browser may beset that way, too and thus you didn't see it.

In most cases these errors do not interfere with the use of the page (contrary to the dire message in the dialog box about the page may not display or function properly).

In my case, on this one page, it will load the page (after the 5 errors) if it is the first visit after a complete PC reboot (not just a restart of IE) and I have not visited very many web sites before trying to access their site.

The second attempt to access the page, it generates just the first error and then aborts the load leaving me with a screen that says the browser was unable to display the site (and I should check to see if I have a connection to the Internet).

On the third visit the browser is killed altogether by the operating system (Windows XP) even if I have other sites open in other tabs of the IE7 broswer.

Can I assume you also perused the site and then went back to the home page (clicked "Home" in the banner across the top of their other pages)?

Again, sorry to be a pain about detail, but I want to provide the most specific information I can.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Posted By East Broad Top on 04/26/2008 12:51 AM
No problem from my Mac, using Safari and Firefox. At the risk of insulting your intelligence, I'm assuming you've cleared your cache, temporary files, and all those other niggly things that generally get in the way of proper internet performance?
Later,
K

No insult! All things need to be double-checked! I am running probably the cleanest PC you will find. I regularly (like up to twice a day) clean all that stuff up, using CCleaner and RegClean and RegCure, as well as run Avast! Spybot Search & Destroy, and I am presently running both XoftSpySE and it replacement Pareto AntiSpyware (both from the same company, just haven't stopped using XoftSpySE yet... I am compareing their capabilities... the license for XoftSpySE runs out next month anyway).

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Charles

I'm running:[*]Win 2K Pro v5.00.2195 SP4[*]Internet Explorer v6.0.2800 SP1[/list]And I encounter the same error condition that you've described, except Windows doesn't shut down Internet Explorer.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Oh yea,

Forgot to mention in the above reply, just as a FYI. That when you are on the BALDWIN 4-4-0, 1:20.3 SCALE, 45 MM GAUGE, LIVE STEAM CLASSIC SERIES page. If you scroll down to the table at the bottom and click each of the Accucraft item numbers, you'll get much larger pictures of the locomotives.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts