G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
i was wondering what the major difference was between the american mainline usra 0-6-0 verses the sp version. i realize that their both ultimately by accucraft but a considerable price difference between the two does anyone have an american mainline live steamer. how does it run?

thanks for the info

ct

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I have heard the AML isn't gong to have the level of detail of the S-12. Also, AML is 1:29 scale, right in line with Aristo & USA Trains

·
Registered
308 Posts
Craig,
The AML 0-6-0 has piston valves Vs slide valves..no water pump, much less detailing and lots else stripped out..should run ok.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Craig

I ran the 060 Prototype at the ESLSTS in the spring this year. It was a pretty detailed locomotive. They also went to a larger flue on the boiler so the superheater is not deflecting the flame. It also gets a better burn with more airflow. It ran very well with pulling a string of 3 or 4 J&M coaches that were on the siding. It worked slow and fast with the load and did not slip much. Must remember that the tracks at the meets are of the slipperiest that you can find. Only drawbacks were the lubricator on the prototype used too much oil anf the draw bar was not set at the correct height on uneven track it would drop the tender too easily. Both comments were brought to Fred and he said he will foward them to China.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts