G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
James,
You have the best example of how-to RC your Sabrina sitting right there. Take a look at the RC setup in your Katie model. The servo installation is easy to see how everything works. I would suggest that the battery box and receiver go under the cab, keeping them away from the heat. Batteries and receivers don't work well in hot environments. You will have to have a hole in the floor to pass the 2 sets of servo wires to the receiver, I run my wiring through a rubber gromet to prevent chafing the wires. Katie's mounting points using the standoffs will work in the cab of the Sabrina if you have such a thing in your parts kit. If it is a stamped bracket, it can be drilled and attached in the right position with a little work. Take a look at the link to the installation instructions for a Katie I have added here.
hbk12.pdf (roundhouse-eng.com)
The fact that no one has responded to your request for pictures of an RC 'ed Sabrina leads me to believe that no one has RC 'ed a Sabrina yet.
Charles M

·
Registered
20 Posts
James,
Here's a thought about your problem. In the past when Accucraft advertised models as having an R/C option ( Earl and Sealion) those models had to go to Accucraft UK to be fitted out. I had ordered a manual " Earl " after finding out the R/C would only be installed in Britain , and a 4 to 6 month delay in delivery. You have a kit of " parts " for R/C installation , with no instructions included. The parts you have could just as easily be for an R/C Aster model with no connection to a Sabrina at all. The fact that nothing seems to make sense in how it mounts and what should go where leads me to think this. The fact that the kit has no instructions included , seems to be very poor service for the money spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts