G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Figuring I needed another "punishment" type project, I decided to look into the Ruby in kit form....question is, I used to see them advertised everywhere, but now I cannot seem to find them listed much, are they still around?:confused:

Thanks-

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Garrett, I understand that Accucraft no longer produces the Ruby Kits.  You can still find them once in awhile, but not often.  You might try advetising in the MLS classifieds or in the Swap section of SitG website.  Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted By maculsay on 03/21/2008 7:13 PM
Garrett, I understand that Accucraft no longer produces the Ruby Kits.  You can still find them once in awhile, but not often.  You might try advetising in the MLS classifieds or in the Swap section of SitG website.  Good luck!!

Hmm, wonder why?   Thanks for the tips tho, otherwise it may be buy one to take apart....:D

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
If you're looking for an 0-4-0 kit to build, you might consider a Roundhouse Billy kit:
http://www.roundhouse-eng.com/

This kit lends itself to kit bashing if that's your goal. In any case, it is a nice kit and when you are finished, you will have a good running locomotive. 
Check with Royce at Quisenberry Station for cost and availability.

·
Registered
855 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts