G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, folks, DH has bin and gorn- and it seems that none of you who were there took any video of this model in steam.

Great pity, that.  It might have given me something to hang on to - the latest Accucraft product update reads 'Summer' for delivery.

Just doesn't say which year /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif

Luckily I have a lot of images to dribble over..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

'snot the same tho'............

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Terry
The longer the better....seems as if the delay might mean that Accucraft is finally going to get it correct right out of the box!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
TAC,

If memory serves me correctly, the Hudson was only run once at DH. They tried a second time but had a problem with a valve clogged or such. So there wasn't much opportunity for folks to take pictures of the Hudson in action. I must also note that this production prototype (as it was described) did not look any different from the original prototype shown last year. No more detail -- same paint, etc. So your older shots are still as good as it gets!

Regards,

Ross Schlabach

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys - you are right of course.  The longer we have to wait, the more likely it is that the bugs will have all been worked out.

I'll have to take comfort in that, I 'spose./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Registered
829 Posts
Actually there were many changes to the RH that showed up at Diamondhead in 2008 from what was shown in 2007.  It was the detail that had been corrected, quite a long list.  I am not talking about lost wax castings being added but rather things like the shape of the cab, the top of the tender, the reach rod, the tender trucks and the pilot to name a few.  There are still a couple of small things to be corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts