G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about a fitting on the moguls boiler. There seems to be an extra fitting on the back of the boiler that is not hooked up to anything. What is this fitting? Is this a check valve to add a water pump?
-Eric

·
Registered
145 Posts
Eric
that fitting is there so that if you wanted to instal a hand pump you had a place for the water to enter the boiler
hope this helps
matt

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i figured it was. Thanks! So has anyone installed a hand pump on one of the moguls?

-Eric

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what those are for! Sorry I'm very new to the live steam thing. These little engines are a bit different from what I'm used to working on.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Eric B.
quit being a show off/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif HAHA
Send me a PM and I can answer any questions if you need, I have a mogul also and a few others.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi. I have an Accucraft mogul as well. I've always found it odd that they should have this fitting as I can see little point in adding a water pump when there is no way of knowing how much water is left in the boiler without a sight glass./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif I fitted mine with an electronic water level detector which came with an integrated goodall valve. I have considered swapping the redundant check valve on the backhead for a blow-down valve, which would at least be useful. Just never got around to it, too busy running trains I guess.:D
Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts