G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday when I got home from work, I noticed a small box on my front porch from Accucraft. Upon opening the package I found that it held the replacement Radley Hunter stack for my Mogul. I was curious to see what modifications had been made to the stack to help keep it from falling apart and this is what I was able to see from the top of the stack. Inside, there is a small plate pinned to either side of the funnel seam to help keep it in tact. Around the turned top portion of the stack where it meets with the funnel are small pins bent over to help better secure that connection. I replaced the stack and ran the engine for about 30 minutes without issue. Thanks Cliff and Accucraft for making this right! My Mogul is happy once again /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Registered
170 Posts
I haven't tried to remove the old one from mine yet (don't have the new one yet either...) - difficult? tricks? Special tools?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The process for replacing the stack is fairly simple. Remove the front of the smoke box, carefully remove the blast pipe (this is where I had my trouble as I accidentially snapped off the blast pipe. So I had more work to do fixing that) Once the blast pipe is out of the way, you can see the nut at the bottom of the stack holding it on. Using a pair of needle nose pliers remove the nut and lift the stack off of the smoke box. Install the new stack, blast pipe and front of the smoke box. It is very simple, just be very careful and take your time. Let me know if you have any questions.

JT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts