G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Mr. Tac. I do not see it that way, especially when I can choose between many wonderfull engines and some occassionally that show on ebay. Anyway, Mr. Tac, I thank you for your comment.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
On the practical side:
Ground throws will be a problem unless they are place a good distance from the rails.  We had to set our throws several inches away just for the K28/27.
The problem that is of most concern is the additional width of the engine relative to running with other equiipment; will there be problems?
I do not think that most portable  or layouts will have 8 to 9 inch centers for clearance of passing engines.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I think the K-28 is the best NG engine they have offered to date.  I have owned various NG models and like the K-28 the best, good detail and wonderful running engine.  I expect the K-36 will be similar but we will not know for sure until we see the pre production model, which I think they will do since we know the current prototype have been around for years. K-28s will be sold out before it gets here, so if you want a good running engine, get the K-28 so you have it while deciding if you want a K-36.  My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Posted By jmkling on 01/21/2008 11:58 AM
I think the K-28 is the best NG engine they have offered to date.  I have owned various NG models and like the K-28 the best, good detail and wonderful running engine. ....

I second that. The K-28 is Accucrafts best running NG model. I run mine all the time becuase I know she runs with no fuss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.