G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many of us who would like to consider ordering one or not, does anyone have any observations that would like to share? Better than the K28 and K27? 

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Dear Mr Privero - it's not a matter of whether or not it's better than a K27 or K28 - it's a different and much larger locomotive.  If you want a K36, this is the only game in town so far.

If you want one, it's because you want one.

tac
www.ovgrs.org 

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Mr. Tac. I do not see it that way, especially when I can choose between many wonderfull engines and some occassionally that show on ebay. Anyway, Mr. Tac, I thank you for your comment.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
On the practical side:
Ground throws will be a problem unless they are place a good distance from the rails.  We had to set our throws several inches away just for the K28/27.
The problem that is of most concern is the additional width of the engine relative to running with other equiipment; will there be problems?
I do not think that most portable  or layouts will have 8 to 9 inch centers for clearance of passing engines.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I think the K-28 is the best NG engine they have offered to date.  I have owned various NG models and like the K-28 the best, good detail and wonderful running engine.  I expect the K-36 will be similar but we will not know for sure until we see the pre production model, which I think they will do since we know the current prototype have been around for years. K-28s will be sold out before it gets here, so if you want a good running engine, get the K-28 so you have it while deciding if you want a K-36.  My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Posted By jmkling on 01/21/2008 11:58 AM
I think the K-28 is the best NG engine they have offered to date.  I have owned various NG models and like the K-28 the best, good detail and wonderful running engine. ....

I second that. The K-28 is Accucrafts best running NG model. I run mine all the time becuase I know she runs with no fuss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts