G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Trevor, The K28 is also one of my favourites that always runs well with a high level of detail that's not fragile to get damaged on a garden railway. Here is a pic of my green boiler version and as Pete says ".... if you think K28 is big , wait until you see a K-36.... " so here is a pic of my K36 ( 1:20.3 scale) next to my British 4MT (1:32 scale), a slight difference in size! But hey, they all run on gauge 1 and are live steam so I'm happy.
Russell
Train Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant

Train Wheel Vehicle Rolling stock Motor vehicle

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Trevor, thanks for reminding me to look at your video's again and you should be used to "large engines" as you are into gauge 3. The bridge and platforms on your great layout have just enough clearance for the K28 and I love your wide curves, what radius are they? For me having large 1:20.3 scale engines is a bit like having gauge 3 but on the common 45mm gauge but the gauge 3 is impressive so what scale and gauge is that?
Russell

·
Registered
442 Posts
Trevor, that Gauge 3 link David sent me to was most informative and I do like your 14ft radius curves. Yes, we all have horror stories of expensive accidents as I too have had a large loco's plunge off a friends raised layout and the lesson learned is to inspect the strength of layout base before setting of a D&RGW double header with near 30kg combined weight! I managed to repair them both and thanks for the invitation and if you are ever in Australia let me know.
Russell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.