G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I was just wondering if anyone has received and run one of the new Accucraft F4/F5's yet?
It is a loco I was nearly going to acquire but at the moment I'm looking for a Mike or a GS4 here in Australia.
Any one got one yet?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
John,

The F4/5's have not been released in steam yet,only in electric.

Supposedly early spring 2009 here. I had the chance to overlook the prototype at the National Summer Steamup this past July and found the loco to be in good keep. Although the telling tale is when the production models hit the streets.

If you do pickup a GS-4, I would highly recommend that you persuade Gordon to work his magic upon it, you certainly won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I was looking around Diamondhead last month, I didn't see one. Perhaps it was out when I wasn't in the room. I would love to have seen it up close.

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
Kent

I spoke to Cliff L last week on a different subject and then brought up the F4/F5. He reported that after the Summer Steam Up the prototype went back to China and has not yet returned. That is the main reason it was not at Diamondhead. So no, you didn't miss it. I am hopefull that it will be available at the ECLSTS in York near the end of March. I also hope it performs as well as the CP Royal Hudson.

Regards

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Doc,

I did see a few Royal Hudsons in DH, a very impressive engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts