G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I don't have the Accucraft 4-4-0, but the Bachmann 4-4-0 is almost exactly the same size. I run 1:20.3 passenger cars from AMS and one like the kits now available from Bronson Tate (and a scratchbuilt combine).

However, because the loco is model of a fairly small prototype, the smaller 1:22 coaches from LGB and Bachmann look pretty good behind it as well.

The good news (from a modeling standpoint) is that most narrow gauge passenger trains tended to hover around two or three cars long, so a "proper" passenger train--even with the more expensive 1:20 equipment--won't totally break the bank.

Later,

K

· Premium Member
920 Posts
Who do you folks order you Bronson-Tate cars from? I ordered the CLIMAX cab (or thought I did) a while back from Show Me Lines, but nothing as of yet.

· Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I've pulled 5 AMS Jackson and Sharp coaches behind my AC 4-4-0. They didn't belong to me though and had ball bearing wheel sets, but it ran real smooth and looked real cool :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.