G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
I don't have the Accucraft 4-4-0, but the Bachmann 4-4-0 is almost exactly the same size. I run 1:20.3 passenger cars from AMS and one like the kits now available from Bronson Tate (and a scratchbuilt combine).

However, because the loco is model of a fairly small prototype, the smaller 1:22 coaches from LGB and Bachmann look pretty good behind it as well.

The good news (from a modeling standpoint) is that most narrow gauge passenger trains tended to hover around two or three cars long, so a "proper" passenger train--even with the more expensive 1:20 equipment--won't totally break the bank.

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Who do you folks order you Bronson-Tate cars from? I ordered the CLIMAX cab (or thought I did) a while back from Show Me Lines, but nothing as of yet.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I've pulled 5 AMS Jackson and Sharp coaches behind my AC 4-4-0. They didn't belong to me though and had ball bearing wheel sets, but it ran real smooth and looked real cool :)

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I just ordered the climax cab and it came right away
they have to build the colorado baggage kit, so that may take some time. But they have the Carter brothers coaches
jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts