G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made a bunch of replacement bolts for a few people that requested them. I also made a batch to advertise on here for others that dont have the time or tools to fabricate them.

Included is the bolt, 2 nuts and washers. The long end is for the connecting rod and you just dremel off the old bolt head and push the pin through. Locktite both nute on and be sure to not get any on the connecting rod when assembling.

Contact me via email at kovacjason at gmail.com or message through mylargescale mail

The pair of bolts with nuts and washers are 40.00 with shipping to the US

Here is a photo of the bolt on the crosshead minus the nuts.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Their loss your gain: a waster of money and resources to offer the same ol' problem as a correction to the situation.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just trying to help ou tsome of the 260 loco out there..Im sur that I am not the only one that already bent a rod from it....I also am just making up my time on this plus materials. All stainless and scale stainless bolts and washers.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
My solution was to solder the pin to the rod with Stay Brite. This has held up very well when pulling my plate steel car. The next run of 4-4-0s will have a different cross head.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Jason,

I soldered the pin to the rod on the back side so it doesn't show. The pin was suppose to be solid in the rod. I used Staybrite with a soldering iron.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts