G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother John just got out of the hospital so I was helping him open his new DRG 4-4-0. We looked at the manual and noticed it never mentions to connect the gas tube to the burner, to use distilled water, how much water, or even to put water in the boiler. It goes into great detail on how to use the new displacement oiler. This is not as much a problem for a steamaholic but a novice could easily ruin his new engine by using tap water or lighting the burner without water. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
George, Glad you are there to help John since he knows very little about steamin. He could have really screwed that new engine up.
You take care of him so's we can go Steamin at Steves or John's or whatever.

G

·
0 Posts
Talk about bad timing, open a new loco a couple of days after a good opperturnity to show it off. It would have been perfect at the Zube Park meet with hundreds of model rail roaders to impress. John, we need to talk about your scheduling.

P.S. Glad to here your out. I assume the rest time will be spent planning a redesign of your back yard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts and comments. I am working on getting back to normal, but it's going to take a while. I am using my brother's computer while I stay with him. John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts