G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABC calls it...its Obama!!!

Hats off to President-elect Obama. first African American to be elected President of the United States of America

It will be a mighty party in Chicago

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As of 8:15pm PST, Obama 306, McCain 146

270 to win, rather decisive, no disputes, chad has left the building.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
ah well - I'll be back sometime in Feb. to say "told you so..." Guess I'm trading my "Train Fund" in for my "about to be taxed out the @#$ fund" - wonder is Mr. Obama will take a credit card?

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I am equally disgusted with both parties. I think the mess we are in right now is the fault of both Parties.

This should send a message to congress that the people are angry.

I hope they heed the message.

I understand that this election had the largest amount of new register voters.

It also had the largest voter turn out.

Here in AZ they are claiming they had 80% or more registered voters show up at the poles.

This could be a election for the history books

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the UK, the removal van arrives the morning after the election.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Everyone in America gets to vote and the people have spoken. Either we work together as the United States or some need to move to Canada.
Some one needs to check there facts:
"Yep, he's a Muslium"
Even if he was that does not preclude him from being President (sound like the days of past years when a Catholic was not allowed to be President).
Beware of those who would do things in the name of religion vs. our country
Serious thought was given for the past 2 years, now serious action must be taken for the good of the country and not for religion (separation of church and state was a grand concept of the founding fathers).

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
As a Canadian I want to congratulate all Americans on the new highs in voter turn out. The greatest thing either of our demoncracies has to offer is our ability to influence our own futures. As all of you know many many people on this planet don't enjoy that right. Regardless of how you voted I am envious of your turn out this year. I would love to see those kinds of numbers in our next election.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I am proud that we all had a chance to voice our opinions in a place where it meant something, at the polls. My personal opinion is that the better candidate was chosen. I don't seem to be alone in that opinion this morning. I did fill up my gas tank because I have no doubt that oil will be on the rise this afternoon and gas prices will be back up to mid-July levels before Memorial Day! I sure hope that I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I watched the acceptance speech and felt, for the first time in quite a while, genuinely hopeful about our country's direction. It won't be easy, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. And whether or not you agree with Mr. Obama's proposals, we should all be proud that we live in a country where he could be elected.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I hope for everyone's sake we are all right. 4yrs will tell! I have to tell you my experience with politicians is that they are all Photo op/hand shaking/tell you what you want to hear/baby kissing/backslapping and all that reduncancy!!! When you give them a difficult problem, they will shy away for fear of some soot or other undesirable matter from clinging onto them, and they will dismiss you and a difficult problem with "Geez that's too bad, or I'm really sorry, but my office is not really going to be able to help you!, and dismiss you into the bowels of obscurity as fast as they can!! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Undecided yet! in Western Ne.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Park designer,
I wish I made over $250,000 a year like you do. I would be happy to pay any higher taxes necessary, in fact it would be a privelege to do so. My kids and grandkids are having a rough time and they have done everything expected of them. I for the first time have hope that it will be better for them. Let's all give the new president the support he needs to succeed.

G

·
Posted By markoles on 11/05/2008 7:09 AM

I am proud that we all had a chance to voice our opinions in a place where it meant something, at the polls. My personal opinion is that the better candidate was chosen. I don't seem to be alone in that opinion this morning. I did fill up my gas tank because I have no doubt that oil will be on the rise this afternoon and gas prices will be back up to mid-July levels before Memorial Day! I sure hope that I am wrong.

OMG,,Mark and i agree on something!!!!!!! HE HE HE Dont let it get around people will think were buddies HE HE HE

Nick..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Charles, read the constitution. It says nothing about the separation of church and state. Only that the government will not form a state religion. Far from your interpretation.
Bill, if we follow the road to socialization you are condemming your kids to a future where they cannot better themselves. England is a good example. Very few people in England better their lot in life compared to Americans who have the most economically mobile society in the free world under capitalism.

Dave

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.