G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gazing at my workbench and something looked familiar. Ah, yes, that ten-wheeler chassis with the driving axle still installed:

I'd been looking at the pictures on the wall, and here's what it reminded me of:

Can you say 'next project' without drooling....

For further interesting projects, you may recall this thread:
More Inspection Locomotives

Whoah - check out the interesting 'Inspection Cars' at the bottom of this page:
North East Rails Track Inspection & Non-powered Geometry Cars

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Looks like a cool project to start. Looks like a lot of detail work. Can't wait to see yours. I have two older big haulers just trying to figure out what to do with them. LTER rjd

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The issue, of course, is that all those inspection cars are standard gauge... Whatever I end up with won't be an exact model or even close.

But then, I already made a little speeder out of a stomper, modelled on the restored 'Casey Jones' car at the NY State Museum - then when I looked closely, I realised I was modelling a standard gauge prototype. Some liberties had to be taken, and maybe will have to be taken again this time.

The Reading's "Black Diamond" 2-2-2 is still around, so that might be a good place to start. Or maybe I don't want too much prototypical info!

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice photo, Dana. Yes, something like that.

Rod - Jack's stuff is in the thread I linked above. He'll be running his unit at Rog's next weekend and we'll be discussing left-over B'mann bits - he has the cab of his 4-4-0 sitting on his bench, and my 2-8-0 is waiting for a cab and boiler....

G

·
0 Posts
that ten-wheeler chassis with the driving axle still installed

does that mean, that the 4-6-0 Bachmann has just one geardriven driving axle?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts